What if oxygen is poisonous and it just takes 75-100 years to kill us?
My science teacher said he thinks that’s true actuallyYeah this is actually pretty much exactly what is going on. It’s why anti-oxidants are such a big deal. Bonus fact: oxygen oxidizes stuff in your cells or, in other words, it’s not toxic, just setting you on firevery very slowly.
You guys do realize that the Supernatural fandom is real fucking close to making sure that dude in gym shorts is the most reblogged pic right?
fuck of supernatural this is our time to shine
Hey guys! Ringing in (read: reviving) this blog with some giveaway doodles!
Out of everyone who reblogs this post between March 9 - 14, a randomized 100 winners will get a bishoujo based on their blorgh! Your pretty gal will look as above; followers get a matching cheeb.
I’ve got 3 months off school and a burning desire to draw sparkly-eyed ladies. Let’s do this thing!
ive been laughing for the last half an hour because sun bears exist
IT’S THE SUN-SUN TO THE MOON-MOON
So I told my mom that I was asexual, and she didn’t believe me. She told me I had a hormone problem, and took me to get checked for tumors.
Please reblog this if you are asexual, or believe that it is possible for one person to not feel sexual attraction to either gender.
(I kinda wanna show her up)
A GIF showing what it’s like to wake up with sleep paralysis.
You’re forgetting the terrifying hallucinations
As someone who’s had sleep paralysis multiple times, let me tell you that if your mind has woken up and your body hasn’t DO NOT ATTEMPT TO OPEN YOUR EYES. Wake your body up first by slowly trying to move it, wiggle your toes and hands, then gradually work your way up until your body is fully awake. Opening your eyes when you have sleep paralysis is hard enough, but when you do there is a good chance you can see hallucinations like this.
I also have been the victim of sleep paralysis too many times, its bad enough without hallucinations, and so i thought i would add some info on sleep paralysis for anyone who suffers from it.
- As Shada said, wiggling toes and hands are good ways to snap out of it, although other small body parts work, even humming/talking (although things related to breathing might be more difficult). Just FOCUS on one part, its hard to regain control, but easy to become paralyzed again.
- Once you can move again, dont go right back to sleep, you might get paralyzed again. Or have the worst dreams of your life. Turn on a light, do something relaxing, like reading a book. Its been said that looking at a light before sleeping can prevent sleep paralysis.
- Sleeping on your back rises the chances of you getting sleep paralysis. If you get it a lot, pay attention to what position you are in when it occurs.
- Hallucinations, the best part, arent just things like in the gif above. They could be anything from just dark shapes floating around, to scary monsters and demons to sounds and feeling like something is shaking/touching you. I’ve had an experience where it felt like my bed was shaking while a metallic screeching sound roared whenever i tried to breath. Solution? ignore it. Its all you can do. Hallucinations cant actually do anything to you, and you cant move again if you’re being distracted. And once the paralysis is gone, so are the hallucinations.
- Most people dont really have to worry, they will only get it once or twice in their life. Maybe not even ever! :D
listen to the person above when they say you should NOT open your eyes, because chances that you’ll see something that is uniquely terrifying to you are strong. and if it’s really bad, you might even start seeing scary shit even when your eyes are closed
my tip is to imagine the most ridiculous image/scene ever and keep replaying it in your head, over and over again, like robert downey jr butt naked or hugh dancy being confronted by police for taking pictures of airport carpets, etcetera etcetera
trust me. it works
reblogging because this is important and because you mentioned Hugh Dancy and his ridiculous airport carpet obsession
No but really sleep paralysis is fucking terrifying.
This is excellent advise I must keep in mind.
Sleep Paralysis is, indeed, fucking terrifying (first-hand experience), so if it happened to you or to anyone you know and there’s a possibility it can happen again, read and share this.
I REALLY NEEDED TO KNOW THIS AND OTHERS SHOULD KNOW THIS TOO. This is the very god damn reason I can’t sleep in the fucking dark. I’ve only had it once but that one time was all I needed to erase my long time in therapy and bring me back to step 1. I had no fucking idea what sleep paralysis was and the fact that it gave you hallucinations. So please, if you have debilitating horror triggers, READ THIS. PLEASE DONT SCROLL PAST THIS, YOU MAY NEED THIS.
I’m doing a little giveaway and its all about the ladies!
I’ll be giving away
- a t-shirt in your choice of Crush the Patriarchy, Cats Against Cat Calls or Riots Not Diets print (all of which go up to at least a size 2xl)
- your choice of five buttons from Modern Girl Blitz
- your choice of jewellery from AddieLeDawn
- friendship bracelet made in the colours of your choice made by yours truly
- "kandi bracelets" or whatever the fuck you want to call them with whatever colour scheme and words you want
- and best of all CANDYYY. who doesnt love candy, cmon.
And now the fun part, the RULES.
- you don’t have to follow me but if you are, then you’ll get something extra
- only reblogs count and you may reblog as many times as you want but please be mindful of your followers
- obviously giveaway blogs dont count (do ppl even need to say this anymore??)
The winner will be randomly selected on April 30th and I’m willing to ship worldwide. I think that’s it. Have fun and crush the patriarchy!!
Ah, I would love to win this giveaway.